Indoor group games are not only about killing time or simply having fun but keeping everyone entertained in their free time. Every youth loves to indulge themselves in group games because it helps them to get to know each other and create a bond.
Whether you are a kid or in your 20s, once you start playing a group game with your friends, then there is no looking back. You will indeed have an exciting time during the process.
But are you still wondering which game you can play or suggest to your young brother or kid? Well, we have listed some best indoor youth group games which are fun and will engage you with your friends for a long time.
So here we want to list the name of some fun youth group games you can try when there is a get-together, or your friends want to spend a night in your house.
- Self-Healing Sisal Fibers - Compressed sisal fibers heal over time, ensuring your dart board is always ready for more, perfect for steel tip darts
- Circular Spider Wire - Galvanized steel spider wire and staple-free bullseye helps to reduce bounce-outs and deflections
- Regulation Size - 17.75” diameter face so you’ll play on the same size dart board as the pros
- Rotating Number Ring - Detachable number ring allows you to rotate the board, letting the sisal fibers heal and extending the dartboard’s life
- Easy Setup - Includes easy-to-use mounting hardware, two sets of darts, a throw line, and throw line measuring tape so you’ll be playing in no time
Well, dart games are one of the most popular indoor youth group activities, and they can turn your room into a mini recreation center. These dartboards are compact, and you can easily mount them wherever you want, whether it is the wall, window, or door. The boards are thick where all the points are distributed according to the general rule used by international organizations.
The rules are pretty straightforward, and you will have fun while playing in a group. At first, you need to shoot three darts consecutively and count on your points. Similarly, your friends will do the same, and everyone’s primary goal is to score maximum points by hitting the bullseye.
Blindfold Obstacle Course
By the game’s name, you can guess it is an exciting game where you would have to work in pairs. If you are a group of ten friends, then you will have to make five teams, and the team who will be the quickest to cover the track will win.
In each team, one member will have to walk the track blindfolded, and the other member will navigate the person across the track to avoid obstacles. Before starting the game, you have to create a path with obstacles like chairs, small stools, coffee tables, etc. but make sure it isn’t too tricky.
The Orange War
The orange war is a well-known game that is widely played by youth in their homes. To play this game, you just need some oranges and spoons from your cutlery set. You can easily play this game with a small group of friends.
Take two spoons and ask two players to hold them with their lips while balancing the orange on the spoon. It will be a battle between two players where the players have to tip off the orange of the other player. However, you can’t use your body or any other means to tip off the orange. The player who is able to keep the orange on the spoon will win the game.
- COMPLETE SET: Includes a mid-size 6feet x 3feet table tennis table with 2 paddles, game net and 4 balls
- MIDSIZE TABLE: Table surface measures 6feet x 3feet – large enough for competitive games, but small enough to store anywhere
- INSTANT SETUP: Folds out for play and folds up for storage in seconds and is easily carried by 1 person using built-in carrying handles - perfect for game rooms, apartments, offices, or anyone who doesn’t want to deal with a full size table
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION: Heavy duty aluminum frame keeps the table sturdy yet lightweight and the smooth playing surface gives the perfect bounce for hours of seamless rallies
Without a doubt, table tennis often serves as an obvious choice when you decide to play a group youth game in your house. These tables come in a wide variety, and you can quickly get a budget tennis table at an affordable rate.
Unlike other youth group games no supplies, this game comes packed with a TT bat and 38mm ball, so you won’t have to buy them separately. With rules like tennis, you just have to move the ball from your to the others and the first player to score 11 points wins the game. This game has to be played either between two players or four players.
Paper Bag Challenge
This is an interesting game that involves a group of players and some grocery bags. You need to arrange four to five grocery bags and then put them on one side of the room. Before you put the bag, cut the top of each bag at a different level, so none of them looks similar.
The central theme of the game is that each player will have to move the bag with their mouth, and the fastest one to advance will win the round. Sounds simple right? But the trick is that while picking up the bag with their mouth, the player can’t touch the ground with their hand to maintain balance.
- HILARIOUS OUTDOOR GAMES FOR KIDS, perfect indoor or outdoor games for family or kids party games. it's lightweight and easy to carry. wonderful games for kids to play and uses no electricity. this giant inflatable bowling set is sure to get your kids off the couch, get some exercise, and develop their hand/eye coordination, balance, and some friendly competition
- SAND WEIGHTED BOTTOM, yes, thats right, our flat sand weighted base provides just enough weight to keep the pins standing even in light wind while playing some lawn games, but not too much to prevent them from being knocked over when struck by the ball
- MADE IN A STRONGER QUALITY PVC, customer satisfaction is always our number 1 priority, so a high quality PVC was chosen to make our giant bowling set. whether you love to play indoor games or outdoor games, its most important to us that our kids inflatable toys exceed your expectations
- BOWLING SET INCLUDES 6 giant inflatable bowling pins measuring 27" tall, and one inflatable bowling ball measuring 24 " in diameter, all made of durable PVC plastic. our kids outdoor toys also includes a repair patch and hand pump
- Giggle N Go, customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. All Giggle N Go products come with a 1 year product replacement warranty.
Nowadays, indoor bowling has become a new craze among the youth group as it is not always possible for everyone to hit the bowling arena. You just need a big room and your friends to have unlimited fun.
You can easily buy an indoor bowling kit from the market and transform your room into a bowling arena. However, you will have to make sure that the floor is flat or you will have a problem. The game is not only engaging, but it also helps in improving the focussing and aiming skills.
Catch The Marshmallow
Everyone loves marshmallows, which is why it gets interesting when kids play the catch the marshmallow game. To play this fun youth group game, each team needs an equal amount of marshmallows and a cup. The kids need to make a team of two, where one will be a thrower, and the other one will be the catcher.
When the round starts, the thrower will stand with their back to the catcher, and the catcher has to catch the marshmallow in the cup while standing a few feet apart. At the signal of the judge, every throw will have to throw a marshmallow over their head, and the team with the maximum number of successful catches will win the game.
Two Truths And A Lie
Two truths and a lie is a basic youth group game that is often played by young groups of friends during their sleepovers. Before the game begins, every player will be given an equal number of candies.
During the game, each player will get a turn, and they will have to tell three sentences about themselves where one would be a lie, and the other two will be the truth. The other players have to guess which sentence is the lie and when one player guesses it right, they will get a candy. However, if the player guesses it wrong, then he will have to give one candy.
When you are with your friends and want to spend time playing some fun games, then there is nothing better than freeze. It is one of those games that can be enjoyed by anyone at any age. One player needs to play the music in the background and act as a coordinator.
As a group, you make the game more interesting by deciding to make different poses while everyone freezes. This is the best church youth games indoors.
- SLAMMO: An exciting outdoor lawn game for kids and adults. Set includes 1 slammo target, 2 competition size balls, 1 training ball, travel carrying case and game rules
- WHAT IS SLAMMO: Slammo is an action packed 2 on 2 volleyball style outdoor game; Teams have 3 hits to bounce or spike the ball to the net fun for family and friends out on the yard, at the beach, cookouts, camping, and more
- ACTIVE FUN: Slammo is an engaging game that works great for just having fun and even breaking a sweat, or as cross training for many other sports, plus slammo is a unique gift idea for kids, teens, and adults
- Package dimensions: 22.0inch (L) x 12.0inch (W) x 4.0inch (H)
In general, a spikeball game is an outdoor activity, but nowadays, there are many compact spikeball sets that can be played indoors. To play this game, you need your friends and a big room where you can move freely. It is played by two teams where the circular net stays in the middle.
Each player has to throw the ball on the net, and when it ricochets, the opponent player has to catch it. Each player will get three chances to control and then hit the ball back to the opponent. The opponent can move freely in the room and catch it. But if the opposing team fails to grab it, then the other team will get points.
A card game is a great recreational and group game that is widely preferred by youth when they decide to indulge themselves in a fun activity.
There are numerous types of card games you can play with your friends with one deck of cards. Card games are beneficial for kids because it helps them to develop their reasoning skills.
- TEST YOUR BALANCE - Show off your balancing skills while jumping from stone to stone and create a new obstacle playground every day. Let your imagination lead the way with National Geographic Balance Stepping Stones!
- MADE TO LAST – Our unique foam formula is both flexible and durable making these stepping stones a great toddler gift that’s made to last. For best results use on carpeted areas or outdoors.
- DURABLE YET SOFT - These colorful stones are lightweight and soft to the touch. This fun toddler activity helps promote positive development. The perfect preschool toy or activity that encourages imagination and active playtime.
- AWARD-WINNING – These Balance Stepping Stones are one of the best toddler toys around, which is why they were awarded the 2019 TOY OF THE YEAR AWARD for excellence by Creative Child Magazine.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – The National Geographic STEM series provides kids high-quality educational toys that are a whole lot of fun! If your experience is anything less than extraordinary, let us know so we can make it right for you.
If your kid often invites their friend into the house for a meet-up, then you can give them a balancing beam which is a high-activity indoor group game. The game is pretty straightforward to play, and the kids just need a decent amount of space to play the game.
You can place the balancing board in different arrangements to make the game enjoyable. You can change the configuration and rule with every game, and it will make the game more engaging for the kids.
Project runway is a highly engaging indoor game for girls during sleepovers or nights out at their friend’s house. It is an excellent game for teenage girls as the game follows the rules of the show “Project Runway.”
In this game, the girls first have to design their dress from random items, then do makeup and lastly walk the ramp(self-made) to showcase their clothing. The girl who makes the prettiest dress will win the prize. The girls can invite their elder sisters or moms to become the judges.
- POOL VOLLEYBALL: Splash into the ultimate pool day and play like a Pro with our Volleyball Splash Net Pro - Set includes adjustable volleyball net with posts, 2 water volleyballs and pump
- ADJUSTABLE NET: Splash Net PRO is compatible with virtually any inground pool (lap pools, rounded pools, rectangular pools, etc) Net straps can be adjusted for any sized pool (max width 25 feet)
- SAFE POOL FUN: Water weighted bases keep your net upright and prevent tipping over for hours of splashing fun in the pool
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our Volleyball Splash Net Pro is engineered to withstand all the splashing that comes with water volleyball – the sturdy bases and netting ensures maximum fun in the pool
- Patent Pending
Footvolley is an interesting game for kids where they need a balloon and a net(preferably a volleyball net) to play this game. It follows the game of volley, but instead of the hand, it will be played with leg and balloon. First, the kids need to make two teams and arrange a specific area for the court and then mount the net at least four feet above the ground.
Once everything is ready, both teams can compete against each other by following the basic volleyball rules. If you don’t find a volleyball net or don’t want to buy it, you can utilize a regular string to create a divider.
- OVER 3 MILLION GAMES SOLD! Challenge your noggin with this best-selling, award-winning, brain-twisting, solo game
- 2-D & 3-D BRAIN TEASER PUZZLE GAME: Kanoodle is a brain teaser puzzle game that includes 12 puzzle pieces, 200 puzzle challenges, a 48-page illustrated puzzle book, and a carrying case. Perfect brain teaser, travel game
- INCLUDES 200 PUZZLES! Kanoodle includes 200 logical thinking puzzles from basic to deviously difficult, there are hundreds of possible combinations, but only one correct answer. Perfect for enhancing problem-solving, critical thinking, and strategic thinking skills
- PERFECT TRAVEL GAME! Kanoodle is the perfect game for on the go! It's small size & carrying case make it perfect for the car, train or airplane.
- MADE FOR ALL AGES: For anyone 7 to 107! Kanoodle is the perfect brain-twisting, puzzle game
- Geometric IQ Game: Endless possibilities for kids adults building blocks, not only limited to the instructions, but also try to figure out more solutions to make fantastic works of art. Put the pieces in and fill in the bottom plate, then you make it!
- Logical Learning Puzzle: 7 color and 14 pieces different shape blocks make a terrific brain puzzle. Each side measures 3.54 inch, Product size: 7.3x6.3x0.39 inch (outer frame included). Package contains a detailed instruction for a new player.
- Superior Quality: Made of natural and healthy basswood with high quality and smooth surface. Non-toxic paint ensure safe play. Great alternative to tablet games.
- Gives The Brain A Work Out : Simplest design with bright colors help to spark any imagination and creativity perfectly. Making shapes and patterns provide a better chance to practice fine motor skill, hand-on coordination,even kids’ spatial thinking. Make mind working from now on.
- Challenge For All Ages: Not only suitable for puzzle lovers, but also attractive for puzzle beginner. Who will not love montessori wooden toys? Playing with it as if you are learning math, practice arragement and combinations. Perfect ultimate gift idea.
Many kids, when they gather with their friends, often involve themselves in puzzle games because these games are time-consuming and joyful. Most kids have at least one puzzle game in their home, so they can easily play them when their friends come.
As a parent, you can even play this with your child as it will be fun and help them enhance their logical skills. However, if you want to give more puzzles to your kid, you can check out the games we have added.
Rock, Paper, and Scissors
If you want to engage your kids in great indoor youth group activities, then teach them rock, paper, and scissors. The best thing about this game is your kid would love it because they don’t need anything to play it.
This hand is easy to learn, and it can be played between two or more. All the players have to count to three before they form any of the object’s shapes with their hands. The player who will first achieve ten points will win the game. Your kid can make a knockout tournament to spice up the game.
Kids love stacking things, especially marbles or any plastic objects, but you can use pennies to make it an enjoyable church youth game indoors. The child’s main task will be to stack the pennies one by one and create a tower.
The player who makes the largest or particular tower size will win the game. You can introduce time constraints to make the game competitive. Besides the penny, you can introduce coasters or other things.
Who doesn’t know “suck up”? It is probably one of the most exciting youth group games no supplies. The young people can play it anywhere in the house, and they would just need two bowls along with some straws.
One bowl needs to be filled with candies, and it would be better if the candy were light. The players will have to use the straw and transfer all the candies to another bowl while sucking up the straw. Players with the fastest timing will win the round.
If your friends come over to your house and you are thinking of playing the best indoor youth group game, then why don’t you play quack-quack. The game is fun and straightforward as it finishes quickly. When the game starts, one player will leave the room, and while they are out, the other players will have to change two to three things in the room.
After a few minutes, when the first player returns, he will have to guess what other players have changed. When the first player starts guessing correctly, the other players have to quack loudly to indicate that they are getting closer.
- Get up and get moving with Pictionary Air, a hilarious twist on the classic drawing game!
- Download the free Pictionary Air app, point the in-app camera at the illustrator and they'll appear, along with their sketch, on the screen of your smart device.
- Take turns drawing clues in the air while your teammates guess the images that appear on the screen. The team with the most points wins!
- The easy-to-use app lets you record your performance and play it back for more laughs in between rounds, or save and share it with your friends.
- Adjust the round timer and number of rounds to give beginners or younger kids more time to draw. Selfie Mode allows you to draw without any time limits or rounds.
Pictionary is an intellectual and fun youth group game primarily meant for toddlers and young kids. Here one player has to draw one character or symbol, and other players have to guess what they are trying to show.
In general, this game is played with markers and paper, but we have tried to make it enjoyable as we introduced Pictionary Air. Instead of the paper, the player will draw the character in the air with a light-up pen, and everyone has to guess. The players can even connect it to a smart device to get symbolization on their phones.
Caterpillar contest or race is a unique youth group game no supplies that require teamwork and quick thinking. There will be two teams having equal members who will compete in this game, and the team with the perfect strategy will finish first. In each team, the members will have to line up, and each of them will have to hold the shoulder of their teammate standing first.
One person has to become the judge, and when the judge says “start,” everyone has to hop from one side of the room to the other. The team can’t break in the middle, and they have to work together to reach the other side.
Musical chairs serve as a common choice when it comes to church youth games indoors, and the game requires some chairs along with a speaker. You need to set up the chair in a circular way, and any number of players can play this game.
Once the game starts, you will have to go around the chair while the music is playing. But when the music stops, players have to find their chairs for sitting quickly. The player who fails to find their seat will be eliminated from the game.
- BRINGS KIDS TOGETHER: Our bow and arrow archery set draws children together and helps play, bond, and have fun with others. It promotes endless competitive fun and allows them to compete against one another in a fun way. The bow features a tension-adjustable design making it ideal for both boys and girls.
- GUARANTEED SAFETY FOR KIDS: You do not have to worry about kids getting injured when playing with this bow and arrow set. The arrows have soft suction cup tips instead of sharp tips which makes them safe for use with the whole family including pets. The set is also made of safe non-toxic plastics that can not cause any allergic reaction in children.
- DEVELOPS HAND-EYE COORDINATION: Help your kid hone his accuracy and archery skills with this bow and archery toy. It is a great way for them to develop their hand and eye coordination and sets them up on the path to becoming masters of professional archery.
- INCREASES HAND FLEXIBILITY: This fun archery set is a great way for kids to give their hand muscles a healthy workout. It is also great for developing upper body strength and flexibility in their shoulders, arms, chest, and hands. Get it for them and help them grow stronger as they play.
- CONVENIENTLY PORTABLE: Kids can take this set anywhere thanks to its portable free-standing target that works well for both indoor and outdoor use. Feel free to use it in the bark yard, on the lawn, in the park, or at a family picnic. It is a brilliantly colorful set complete with a quiver allowing for portable convenience.
It wouldn’t be interesting if the kids could try their hand at archery when they are inside the house. Indoor archery is a new trend that is catching up among kids. The game has a straightforward rule where the kids have to aim at the board with a toy bow and arrow. The aiming board needs to be placed 4 to 5 feet away on the wall or window.
The kids have to aim and score a maximum amount of points. Each player will get five chances to shoot, and the child who will have the highest point at the end will win the game.
Mainly targeted for toddlers and small kids, alphabet hunting is an intuitive game where they will have fun and enhance their skills. In this game, the kids have to make two teams with equal numbers of members.
One team will hide three alphabets or letters from the whole set, and the other team will find them and arrange them in their respective order. The team with the quickest timing will win the round. As a parent, you can introduce gifts as it will make them more engaging for kids.
Tug of War
- Our strong triple-strand rope are made with cotton and chemical-free dyes for the outdoors since it's not susceptible to UV damage like synthetic rope and it is not easy to fade.
- The natural twisted rope is safe for anyone at any age use that perfect for tug-of-war puppies and nuzzling horses. It is washable but you should be careful for cotton rope can shrink.
- Our product is a useful rope for both beginners and advanced users because the natural cotton rope is easy to knot and splice that it can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities
- The multi-functional strong rope also can be applied to hammock rope, crafting baskets or bag handles, horse halters and lead ropes, harness rope or decorative rope.
- This twisted cotton rope is vintage look. Use it as cord for tying curtains, create jewelry like necklaces, bracelets, lanyards, belts, handles, bins, weddings decorations, interior design and handmade projects
Well, it is an old classic game that requires no introduction, and it can be easily played in the indoor area. You should mix and match the team of kids so that no team is the strongest. The kids should be divided into two groups with an equal number of members, and both teams can decide the order of standing by themselves.
Ask the team to hold the rope from both ends; the team who can pull the opponent and make them cross the middle point will win the game. You can use ordinary rope available in the house to organize the game or buy it from Amazon.
Table football might seem like a complicated game by its name, but once you start playing with your group, you won’t look for any other game. It follows some basic rules, and the first team to score seven goals will win the match. Unlike football, this fun youth group game requires you to arrange the chairs in a football formation.
Now players have to sit on their respective chairs with a wooden spoon in their hands. With the kick-off, the players have to hit the ball with their spoon, and the game goes until one team scores a goal.
Floating The Balloon
The main target of this game is that every player participating in this game has to keep the balloon floating in the air. It is a great indoor game that you can play with your kids. You just need some colorful balloon and toss it in the air.
Now everyone has to keep it floating by blowing on it. Whoever touches the balloon or fails to keep the balloon afloat will be eliminated. You can also introduce this game to your kid’s friends group.
Another top indoor youth group game in this list is carpet ride, and many youths love this game. You will need some small mats or rugs and a big room where you can organize this game.
Mark a start point from where all the players will start the game and then an ending point. All the players will have to sit on the mat and then drag themselves to the endpoint. Like all races, the first player to cross the ending line will win the game.
Museum guard is a beautiful game that is often played by youth groups during their leisure time. In your group, you will have to nominate one player as the guard, and they will catch the player. The guard has to stand at one end of the room, and everyone will have to stand at the starting line.
The guard will have to stand facing the other side, and during that time, all the players will have to move. When the guard turns around and catches any player moving, then that player will be eliminated. The players who can touch the guard without getting caught will be the winners. However, the whole round needs to be completed within a stipulated time.
- ღPACKAGE INCLUDE: 8PCS assorted color 3-legged race bands in a pack.
- ღSIZE: 1.1*22inch. Three legged race bands can be stretched to 33 inch.
- ღMATERIAL: Durable 210D oxford fabric and elastic velcro tape.
- ღPURPOSE: 3-legged race bands are perfect for Relay Race Game, Carnival, Field Day, Backyard.
- ღFEATURE: It is convenient velcro tape and good elastic that are easy for both adults and children to put on and take off. And will not break during the whole race band game.
Racing against your friend on foot is one thing, but things get interesting when your ankle is tied with the ankle of another friend. You can tie the soft ankle cloth, scarf, or dedicated 3-legged race straps available on Amazon.
All your friends need to make a team of two, and they will have to coordinate with their teammates so that they don’t fall while running. It is a fantastic fun youth group game that allows players to create a bond with their teammates.